Game Audio Workshop

Today, I put on a mini game audio workshop at uni. I’d had the idea for a while – as a number of people had asked me to show them how to use FMOD – so I decided to pull together some interested audio people to spend a day learning how to make game sounds and implement them. It went really well, we had a good mix of participants from the 3 years, and despite having a number of drop outs, we still got 6 attendees. Although this isn’t a huge amount, i’m happy with it as a first session. Retrospectively, I should really have thought more about the actual delivery of the workshop, and maybe created more resources/examples/tutorials for the beginners to better understand the concept I was trying to explain. I also came up against first years struggling to use pro tools and zooms (which I hadn’t considered), but they managed still to make some cool noises and implement them.

My hope for the next event is to pull someone in from the industry to not only come and talk to us, but to also give us some hands-on insight into implementation and their role in a game studio. I’m considering possibly asking Jey Kazi – a friend of mine from the Game Audio North meetups.

12705380_10207862903827750_3857099159488422919_n